Over 30 million Americans have some type of eating disorder and while each problem is unique, eating disorders do have warning signals.
Here are some signs that might indicate a problem in you or someone you love:
- Fear of being unable to stop eating once you start
- Abusing drug or alcohol before “binge eating”
- Intentional vomiting after meals
- Constant low-calorie or crash dieting
- Compulsive exercise with strict “exercise rules”
- Using body weight and being thin to measure self-worth
- Thinking or talking constantly about food
- Refusing to discuss food at all
- Using food to hide anger, loneliness, or feelings of rejection
If you are concerned about your eating behaviors or attitudes, or even a friend or family members, consider professional help.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Services is an extension of Forrest General Hospital, located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Pine Grove’s world renowned programs focus on treating gender specific chemical addiction including a specialized track for co-occurring eating disorders. Additionally, Pine Grove offers a focused substance abuse healing program for adults age 55 and over. Other Pine Grove specialty programs include a dedicated professional’s treatment curriculum and a comprehensive evaluation center. Pine Grove also features a program for patients with sexual and intimacy disorder issues. Pine Grove was established in 1984 and has provided nationally and internationally recognized health care for over 30 years.
Visit www.pinegrovetreatment.com or call 1-888-574-HOPE (4673) for more information.